Tell History features a marketplace where you can sell your storytelling services directly to clients all around the world. Please read the following policy governing your rights and obligations as a vendor on Tell History. This policy is part of our Terms of Service. By posting a listing on Tell History, you are agreeing to this policy and our Terms of Service.
What Services can be listed on Tell History
Tell History is a website for history related content. Customers come to Tell History to look for vendors who sell services related to recording family, individual, organizational, or community-based histories. All services listed on Tell History must relate to the recording of history, and you must be able to demonstrate that your services comply with our entire Vendor Policy and Terms of Service upon request.
You agree that:
- You accurately describe your basic information, services, experience, equipment, service range, approximate location, and fees.
- You own the copyright and have license to use examples of previous work, and that you accurately describe your role in the production of this work.
- You have the right to use any photos you use on Tell History.
What services can’t be listed
Services falling outside the production of history-based content are strictly prohibited on Tell History, and listings failing to match this criteria will be removed. Users violating this policy may have their account suspended or blocked. If you see services that do not match our vendor criteria, please contact us at email@example.com
Be honest about Yourself, Your Profile, and Your Listings
Please be honest about yourself, your items, and your business.
When you post a listing, you agree to:
- Provide honest and accurate information about yourself, your experience, and your work.
- You fulfill all promises and obligations made under your listing.
- Follow intellectual property laws applicable to you.
- You do not engage in fee avoidance, including but not limited to using Tell History to advertise your goods and services elsewhere on or offline.
Getting in touch with other Tell History members
You can write other members by sending them a message through the Tell History site. This can be a good way to clarify services you are offering on Tell History.
Messaging may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited offers of service, promotions, or other commercial matters;
- Sending abusive or harassing messages;
- Ignoring a request to terminate communication; or
- Interfering with (meddling, impeding, or undermining the services of another vendor).
Interference occurs when one vendor willingly impedes or undermines the normal functioning of another Tell History member. Interference is strictly forbidden on Tell History. Examples include:
- Sending unsolicited messages warning customers away from a particular vendor or listing
- Publically airing a dispute with another vendor
- Purchasing from other vendors with the intention of leaving a negative review
It’s possible that you may receive a customer’s email address or other personal details in the course of carrying out a transaction. You acknowledge that this information may exclusively be used for Tell History communications and transactions. Use for unsolicited commercial communication or transactions is prohibited, and you may not store this information for subsequent use in any form.
Creating and Uploading Content
You can create and upload a variety of content on Tell History, such as text, messages, photos, and more. You may not create or upload content that is:
- Harassing, obscene, vulgar, or abusive;
- In violation of someone’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- Is deceptive, false, or misleading.
Reviews: make a good name for yourself
Reviews are central to our mission of transparency on Tell History. It is a good way for customers to reward you for your good work!
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Disclose private information;
- Include abusive, harassing, or slanderous text or imagery;
- Include spam or outside commercial interests;
- Regard information beyond the scope of the transaction or out of the control of the members; or
- Undermine review system itself.
Extortion is is strictly forbidden on Tell History. Attempts to influence reviews through bribery, threats, or gifts is considered extortion. Vendors may not offer additional services or goods in exchange for positive reviews, which shall be considered extortion.
Reviews must reflect the honest feelings and experiences of vendors. Creating alternate account for the sake of inflating a member’s reputation is considered shilling. Shilling is strictly prohibited on Tell History.
Offer great service!
By selling services on Tell History, you agree to:
- Honor appointments and delivery schedule for services.
- Respond to messages in a timely manner
- Honor the guidelines and commitments outlined in policies in your user profile or individual listings.
- Resolve disagreements directly with the customer.
- If you are unable to perform a service for a customer, then you are required to provide as much advance notice as possible. If the customer has already provided payment, then you must provide a full refund. You are advised to keep a proof of refund in case of a future dispute.